Question on impact of modifying CDT on a process model that uses them

As per our Appian documentation,
If we do modification to a CDT,(without closing the referencing process models),the changes made to the CDT won't be reflected automatically in the referenced process models.But in my case,I have updated a CDT where my process model is in editing mode.However after saving the changes in the CDT when I closed and opened my process model again, I noticed that the CDT has been updated automatically.I'm working in 16.2 version. Is there any enhancement on CDT updates?

OriginalPostID-226578

OriginalPostID-226578

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • hi mschmitt,

yes, as you told the process model is getting updated automatically without re-saving the process model. but my doubt is, in documentation they clearly mentioned that process models will not get updated automatically and it is also mentioned that if we specify the CDT type variable as pass by reference while configuring sub-process then in health check it will be identified as a high risk because there may be chance like main-process will refer to some version and sub-process may refer to some other version.
    but in this senario like if the CDT is getting updated in process models automatically then how can it posible to refer differnt versions in differnt process models.

Hope you got my doubt.
  • hi mschmitt,

yes, as you told the process model is getting updated automatically without re-saving the process model. but my doubt is, in documentation they clearly mentioned that process models will not get updated automatically and it is also mentioned that if we specify the CDT type variable as pass by reference while configuring sub-process then in health check it will be identified as a high risk because there may be chance like main-process will refer to some version and sub-process may refer to some other version.
    but in this senario like if the CDT is getting updated in process models automatically then how can it posible to refer differnt versions in differnt process models.

Hope you got my doubt.
Children
No Data