Possible to find the process id for a specific active process that is associated with a specific account?

Certified Senior Developer

I have 2 processes that run independently but are associated with the same 'account'. Users perform separate actions for this account and can, at any time, cancel the account. If a user cancels an account in one of the processes, is there a way for me to create a step that would cancel the other active process? I know there's a 'cancel process' smart service, but I would need to know the process id for the process that needed to be cancelled. Since they would both point to the same account, is there a way for me to find the process id for a specific active process that is associated with a specific account?

OriginalPostID-226952

OriginalPostID-226952

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Any chance you could store the twin ProcessIDs in the database somehow, in the Account's CDT? Like "processInstanceA", "processInstanceB" or similar. I'm assuming that "A" and "B" are always both run and both are discrete.

Banning that, it seems to me that you could also create a special process report where you filter on certain data (i.e. make process model reports for both top-level processes, and when you need to cancel B from A, you run the report on B from somewhere within A, etc). That could give you the other process instance ID pretty easily.

Someone else might have a more graceful solution but that's about all I have off the top of my head.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Any chance you could store the twin ProcessIDs in the database somehow, in the Account's CDT? Like "processInstanceA", "processInstanceB" or similar. I'm assuming that "A" and "B" are always both run and both are discrete.

Banning that, it seems to me that you could also create a special process report where you filter on certain data (i.e. make process model reports for both top-level processes, and when you need to cancel B from A, you run the report on B from somewhere within A, etc). That could give you the other process instance ID pretty easily.

Someone else might have a more graceful solution but that's about all I have off the top of my head.
Children
No Data