Possible to find the process id for a specific active process that is associated with a specific account?

Certified Senior Developer

I have 2 processes that run independently but are associated with the same 'account'. Users perform separate actions for this account and can, at any time, cancel the account. If a user cancels an account in one of the processes, is there a way for me to create a step that would cancel the other active process? I know there's a 'cancel process' smart service, but I would need to know the process id for the process that needed to be cancelled. Since they would both point to the same account, is there a way for me to find the process id for a specific active process that is associated with a specific account?

OriginalPostID-226952

OriginalPostID-226952

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • From what I understand Account might be an entity and you might be having a Account table in database where you might be saving the account related data.
    You can add one more column where you can store the process id(s) related action and whenever an Account is cancelled you can fetch the process id(s) and terminate them.
    Instead of process reports, you can go for DB approach too based on your feasibility.
    Please let me know whether DB approach is feasible or not. If not please tell me the reason too. It will be educational.
  • From what I understand Account might be an entity and you might be having a Account table in database where you might be saving the account related data.
    You can add one more column where you can store the process id(s) related action and whenever an Account is cancelled you can fetch the process id(s) and terminate them.
    Instead of process reports, you can go for DB approach too based on your feasibility.
    Please let me know whether DB approach is feasible or not. If not please tell me the reason too. It will be educational.
Children
No Data