Automated activity context best practice

I have a best practice question about which context automated activities should be run. Is there guidance on when it is appropriate to run an activity as whoever started the process vs whoever designed the process model? Should one be the default selection unless certain special criteria exist?

I've read the following documentation, but no best practice suggestions were mentioned:
forum.appian.com/.../Assignment_Tab.html

OriginalPostID-234781

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer
    How would you avoid the error I got if I kept the assignment as it was? If the node is associated with a 'system' action such as writing to a data entity or sending an email from a process, doesn't it make more sense to run it as the 'admin' - the designer? I wouldn't suggest making this the default on all the smart services (and certainly wasn't suggesting disabling security), but for smart services that are generally launched by the system (another one might be a subprocess node) - it seems to make more sense to me to run it as the 'designer' vs process initiator.
    Certified Senior Developer
    How would you avoid the error I got if I kept the assignment as it was? If the node is associated with a 'system' action such as writing to a data entity or sending an email from a process, doesn't it make more sense to run it as the 'admin' - the designer? I wouldn't suggest making this the default on all the smart services (and certainly wasn't suggesting disabling security), but for smart services that are generally launched by the system (another one might be a subprocess node) - it seems to make more sense to me to run it as the 'designer' vs process initiator.
Children
No Data