Complex Gateway - How to make it conditionally wait before proceeding

I am using a Complex Gateway to conditionally execute outgoing paths. As I understand, this creates a thread which runs in parallel with other outgoing "executed" paths (where condition is true).

The big question is, how do I join the threads back up before proceeding. The Complex Gateway's incoming path wait is not dynamic and I have no way of knowing how many paths were taken from the outflow from the previous Complex Gateway node.

If you know exactly what you need to wait for specific steps/paths at design that's great, the Complex Gateway can handle that. However, I need to know at run time which paths were taken from the previous Complex Gateway node.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

OriginalPostID-235299

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I'm not having problems dynamically triggering outgoing paths out of a complex gateway. I'm just trying to avoid an AND gate so the code can be more efficient and not create unnecessarily more threads than necessary.

Current design uses AND gate and each parallel path performs an XOR check to see if it should run and if not, bypasses the path and immediately goes to the close AND gate. Not very efficient.

This is a platform issue in the way Complex gate works.

Appreciate your comments though.
  • I'm not having problems dynamically triggering outgoing paths out of a complex gateway. I'm just trying to avoid an AND gate so the code can be more efficient and not create unnecessarily more threads than necessary.

Current design uses AND gate and each parallel path performs an XOR check to see if it should run and if not, bypasses the path and immediately goes to the close AND gate. Not very efficient.

This is a platform issue in the way Complex gate works.

Appreciate your comments though.
Children
No Data