Process triggering on Task Accept

We are on 16.2 cloud.

Is there a way I can trigger a process when someone accepts a task?

OriginalPostID-235352

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @aksharc As of now Appian hasn't provided us with the capability of capturing the events in the SAIL Form such as 'Save Changes', 'Reassign Task', 'Accept', 'Reject', 'Return to Original Assignees' etc. I don't think that's possible.Would you be able to explain the use case though?

One way is, you can trigger a process as soon as the task is assigned(using the escalation) and hold the process execution for a while. Query the status of the task using a!queryProcessAnalytics for every few minutes/seconds using the timer. When the status of the task changes, make the process proceed further. Problem is that this kind of processing is expensive and also it may not be reliable as there is a chance of submitting the task within the window which the status is being checked.

What we have discussed might not apply in the case of a single user assignee and you might directly trigger a process as the status of the task turns accepted(I might be wrong,but check this if needed) if the task is assigned directly to a user.
  • @aksharc As of now Appian hasn't provided us with the capability of capturing the events in the SAIL Form such as 'Save Changes', 'Reassign Task', 'Accept', 'Reject', 'Return to Original Assignees' etc. I don't think that's possible.Would you be able to explain the use case though?

One way is, you can trigger a process as soon as the task is assigned(using the escalation) and hold the process execution for a while. Query the status of the task using a!queryProcessAnalytics for every few minutes/seconds using the timer. When the status of the task changes, make the process proceed further. Problem is that this kind of processing is expensive and also it may not be reliable as there is a chance of submitting the task within the window which the status is being checked.

What we have discussed might not apply in the case of a single user assignee and you might directly trigger a process as the status of the task turns accepted(I might be wrong,but check this if needed) if the task is assigned directly to a user.
Children
No Data