Process triggering on Task Accept

We are on 16.2 cloud.

Is there a way I can trigger a process when someone accepts a task?

OriginalPostID-235352

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @sikhivahans: Thanks for the response.

Use Case: Our main process will need to send task information (who accepted the task, at what time the task was accepted) to an external system. This system uses OAuth for authentication. So, the communication happens with the valid session ID. I was also told that using the same session ID (until it expires) would be the best practice. So, I designed a process (login_process) that saves the session ID in Appian constant and uses that until it expires. On expiry it will queue the requests by the time it gets the new session ID. I was looking for a way to initiate the login_process from the task form on accept so that I can make use of the queuing mechanism I have already designed.

I already considered the options you provided and because of the expensive nature of them it is best not to go for that. Also, all of the tasks of the main process would be assigned to a user group only. So, user has to accept the task before starting to work on it.
  • @sikhivahans: Thanks for the response.

Use Case: Our main process will need to send task information (who accepted the task, at what time the task was accepted) to an external system. This system uses OAuth for authentication. So, the communication happens with the valid session ID. I was also told that using the same session ID (until it expires) would be the best practice. So, I designed a process (login_process) that saves the session ID in Appian constant and uses that until it expires. On expiry it will queue the requests by the time it gets the new session ID. I was looking for a way to initiate the login_process from the task form on accept so that I can make use of the queuing mechanism I have already designed.

I already considered the options you provided and because of the expensive nature of them it is best not to go for that. Also, all of the tasks of the main process would be assigned to a user group only. So, user has to accept the task before starting to work on it.
Children
No Data