Process triggering on Task Accept

We are on 16.2 cloud.

Is there a way I can trigger a process when someone accepts a task?

OriginalPostID-235352

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I am not sure how far the above-mentioned approach works and here are a few points re it:

1. Here the use case is to know whether the task has been accepted and initiate a new process accordingly. Whereas the Exception terminates the current task and choses a alternate path and this defies the requirement. Also, this termination will result in an error being displayed to the User on the SAIL form stating that 'This task is no longer active or valid' and the process continues further skipping the current user input task.

2. Even if the parallel flow is created, there is no guarantee that the user input task id is received. What happens when the user input task isn't initiated because of an error or if the parallel flow isn't initiated because of an error? I doubt the reliability here as this may fail in some cases. I believe the origination point should be the User Input Task and it is very much possible by making use of the Escalation.

3. Even to determine the task status in the parallel, we mostly require timer here as we need to monitor task status at certain intervals as it is changeable at any point in time and this can't be a one-time check.

4. tp!owner is not a property that is available(and off-course can't be monitored) in the User Input Task. Afaik, first of all, we lack the possibility of getting a task id(or tp!id) now in the Escalations or Exceptions of the User Input Task and that's how User Input Task is designed. Just to get Task id, either we need to depend on a!queryProcessAnalytics/Shared Components that gets the task from process id or a combination of process id and task uuid or a combination of process id and task name.
  • I am not sure how far the above-mentioned approach works and here are a few points re it:

1. Here the use case is to know whether the task has been accepted and initiate a new process accordingly. Whereas the Exception terminates the current task and choses a alternate path and this defies the requirement. Also, this termination will result in an error being displayed to the User on the SAIL form stating that 'This task is no longer active or valid' and the process continues further skipping the current user input task.

2. Even if the parallel flow is created, there is no guarantee that the user input task id is received. What happens when the user input task isn't initiated because of an error or if the parallel flow isn't initiated because of an error? I doubt the reliability here as this may fail in some cases. I believe the origination point should be the User Input Task and it is very much possible by making use of the Escalation.

3. Even to determine the task status in the parallel, we mostly require timer here as we need to monitor task status at certain intervals as it is changeable at any point in time and this can't be a one-time check.

4. tp!owner is not a property that is available(and off-course can't be monitored) in the User Input Task. Afaik, first of all, we lack the possibility of getting a task id(or tp!id) now in the Escalations or Exceptions of the User Input Task and that's how User Input Task is designed. Just to get Task id, either we need to depend on a!queryProcessAnalytics/Shared Components that gets the task from process id or a combination of process id and task uuid or a combination of process id and task name.
Children
No Data