Accessing data in another incomplete task

Let's say you have 2 tasks running in parallel and you wanted each person to see each other's work while they are completing it. It seems like the only way to achieve this is to put a "Save" button inside that task that writes to a CDT and returns the user to the task. Any simpler ways you can think of that doesn't involve putting a bunch of loop back in the process?

OriginalPostID-237517

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    What's the use case exactly? This sort of thing isn't standard usage in Appian, though I'm guessing if a designer is crafty, they could make use of the new a!writeToDataStore functionality combined with some sort of live update on the form. But if two users are going to be simultaneously editing let's say the same data field, it seems to me that this is setting up for big data conflict issues as one user's refreshed data overwrites the other user's changes, etc.
    Certified Lead Developer
    What's the use case exactly? This sort of thing isn't standard usage in Appian, though I'm guessing if a designer is crafty, they could make use of the new a!writeToDataStore functionality combined with some sort of live update on the form. But if two users are going to be simultaneously editing let's say the same data field, it seems to me that this is setting up for big data conflict issues as one user's refreshed data overwrites the other user's changes, etc.
Children
No Data