Start Process Smart Service failing though Process Instance is being triggered

I am triggering a Process Instance by using 'Start Process Smart Service'. A weird behavior I have noticed is, the Process Instance is being triggered but the Start Process Smart Service is crashing with an error. The target process model has just two parameters out of which one is of type CDT(single) and other is of type Date (single). I can also clearly see the triggered instances, the parameterised variables in triggered instances populated with values configured in the Start Process Smart Service node.

Content from logs is as follows:
UnattendedJavaActivityRequest] ERROR com.appiancorp.process.engine.UnattendedJavaActivityRequest - An error occurred while executing activity: id=536936184, classname=com.appiancorp.process.runtime.activities.StartProcessSmartService2
12:39:25,568 INFO [stdout] (Appian Work Item - 6406 - Proce...

OriginalPostID-240702

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Resolution: I have resolved the issue by breaking the chain after the first node(start node) in the Process Model targeted by Start Process Smart Service, and the Start Process Smart Service node executed successfully. (The Start Process Smart Service node fails if I put the chaining back.)

Observation: As per my observation it seemed to me that the Start Process Smart Service is in the waiting state as long as its able to bear chaining. I could see that the Start Process Smart Service node in green colour for few seconds(while refreshing the process) after its activation and is being crashed thereafter. (Please note that the process model being targeted in the Start Process Smart Service is chained heavily.)

I don't think the above-mentioned is a standard behaviour as the Process Instance being triggered is expected to proceed asynchronously and shouldn't depend on any attributes(such as chaining) in the target Process Model.

If the resolution I have opted for is valid, what if I want to use the Process Model(being targeted in Start Process Smart Service) in other Process Models in a chained fashion? Do I need to create a wrapper again to achieve activity chaining? I don't think this was mentioned in the Documentation.
  • Resolution: I have resolved the issue by breaking the chain after the first node(start node) in the Process Model targeted by Start Process Smart Service, and the Start Process Smart Service node executed successfully. (The Start Process Smart Service node fails if I put the chaining back.)

Observation: As per my observation it seemed to me that the Start Process Smart Service is in the waiting state as long as its able to bear chaining. I could see that the Start Process Smart Service node in green colour for few seconds(while refreshing the process) after its activation and is being crashed thereafter. (Please note that the process model being targeted in the Start Process Smart Service is chained heavily.)

I don't think the above-mentioned is a standard behaviour as the Process Instance being triggered is expected to proceed asynchronously and shouldn't depend on any attributes(such as chaining) in the target Process Model.

If the resolution I have opted for is valid, what if I want to use the Process Model(being targeted in Start Process Smart Service) in other Process Models in a chained fashion? Do I need to create a wrapper again to achieve activity chaining? I don't think this was mentioned in the Documentation.
Children
No Data