Start Process Smart Service failing though Process Instance is being triggered

I am triggering a Process Instance by using 'Start Process Smart Service'. A weird behavior I have noticed is, the Process Instance is being triggered but the Start Process Smart Service is crashing with an error. The target process model has just two parameters out of which one is of type CDT(single) and other is of type Date (single). I can also clearly see the triggered instances, the parameterised variables in triggered instances populated with values configured in the Start Process Smart Service node.

Content from logs is as follows:
UnattendedJavaActivityRequest] ERROR com.appiancorp.process.engine.UnattendedJavaActivityRequest - An error occurred while executing activity: id=536936184, classname=com.appiancorp.process.runtime.activities.StartProcessSmartService2
12:39:25,568 INFO [stdout] (Appian Work Item - 6406 - Proce...

OriginalPostID-240702

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Sikhivahans, have been following your posts for a while.  Thanks!  I have a similar issue.

I have 4 nodes in my process model - Start node, User Input Form, Execute SP and End node.  There is no activity chaining.  Upon execution,

1) The user input form from the task disappears on Submit as expected but the stored proc in Monitor never completes and it remains in green for a long time like 3 minutes. The database changes from SP are NOT updating as expected. But the stored proc executes in a few  seconds outside of Appian.  

If I activity chain all the nodes a different  thing happens - SP node still  in green

but this time I am able to see the updates from SP in the database but the User Input form stays on with an Appian unexpected error.

Should I activity chain differently?

• Please ignore my question above.  I had a custom output parameter that was using an invalid expression which was causing this weird behavior.