Renaming existing Tasks

Hi,

We would like to rename some already existing tasks. Since we can't alter task column name directly using SQL query - is there any other mechanism we can use to achieve this ?
we are using Appian onCloud.

Thanks

OriginalPostID-241413

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @redae No worries. Another suggestion I would like to make is, if possible, try to refrain from using the changeable data(for instance, the data from integration) in process or task names as this needs a batch process or similar sort of mechanism to maintain synch. It might be worth depending on an identifier, or a reference (generated out of identifier and has a common format across the entities) which won't change(when compared to an attribute such as name) and then show the user the other information in the Headers of the Forms/Record Dashboards.

As per my experience, it's a pain and time-consuming to write a process which will maintain a synch as it could potentially end up being over-engineered provided if the complexity(in terms of processing) is too high.
  • @redae No worries. Another suggestion I would like to make is, if possible, try to refrain from using the changeable data(for instance, the data from integration) in process or task names as this needs a batch process or similar sort of mechanism to maintain synch. It might be worth depending on an identifier, or a reference (generated out of identifier and has a common format across the entities) which won't change(when compared to an attribute such as name) and then show the user the other information in the Headers of the Forms/Record Dashboards.

As per my experience, it's a pain and time-consuming to write a process which will maintain a synch as it could potentially end up being over-engineered provided if the complexity(in terms of processing) is too high.
Children
No Data