I recently updated a CDT, which is referenced in a process model subprocess. The

I recently updated a CDT, which is referenced in a process model subprocess. The CDT is passed by reference to the subprocess.

Existing processes on my development server are now broken because they can't call the subprocess with the older version of the CDT. The error message reads: "The following process process parameters were of the incorrect type: ...". The newer version has minimal changes: I just updated the VARCHAR size of a text field.

I have never had issues like this before, even when adding new fields to a CDT. I am very concerned about pushing this build to our production server. Is this a problem with Appian 7.2? Is there any way I can fix the broken processes?...

OriginalPostID-71541

OriginalPostID-71541

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I agree. I'm planning on taking a second look at refactoring my CDT-by-reference sub-processes as we speak. I'm not going to be able to address all of them, but there are some short-lived processes I can update.

But this particular business process was a challenge to implement. It goes several sub-processes deep. The end-users required reports on a few of the inner sub-processes, some of which involve tasks that can take several days for the users to complete. They have their own dashboards.

Fortunately the CDT's I'm passing don't require a lot of change. The reason I wanted to increase from VARCHAR 1000 to 2000 was because I needed to make that change in the database to support a necessarily long entry. I wanted to cover my bases and make the XSD match the change in the database lest the discrepancy come back to haunt me later.
  • I agree. I'm planning on taking a second look at refactoring my CDT-by-reference sub-processes as we speak. I'm not going to be able to address all of them, but there are some short-lived processes I can update.

But this particular business process was a challenge to implement. It goes several sub-processes deep. The end-users required reports on a few of the inner sub-processes, some of which involve tasks that can take several days for the users to complete. They have their own dashboards.

Fortunately the CDT's I'm passing don't require a lot of change. The reason I wanted to increase from VARCHAR 1000 to 2000 was because I needed to make that change in the database to support a necessarily long entry. I wanted to cover my bases and make the XSD match the change in the database lest the discrepancy come back to haunt me later.
Children
No Data