Hi you all, I need to convert the following string (type text) into a en_

Hi you all,
I need to convert the following string (type text) into a en_US date format.
In a process I used a XOR for manage the locale of the initiator. If locale <> en_US i don't touch the string, but if the locale = en_US I need to convert all date in en format.

This is the array:
", , , , 26/06/13 12:04, 26/06/13 11:55, , , , , , , , "

I using this doforeach :
doforeach("pr_checkStringDateSpaceInArrayList",split(ri!date,", "))

and this Rule (pr_checkStringDateSpaceInArrayList) :
if(ri!date=" ",ri!date, datetext(userdatevalue(index(split(ri!date," "),1,"ERROR 1")),"MM/dd/yy")&" "&index(split(ri!date," "),2,"ERROR 2"))

The problem is that I use "26/06/13 12:04, 26/06/13 11:55" its works but with the previous array doesn't works.

Any suggestion for me?

Thanks a lot...

OriginalPostID-72276

OriginalPostID-72276

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In trying to test your rule with a gregorian Calendar, I ran in to an error with this expression: userdatevalue(index(split(ri!date," "),1,"Error 1")) -- It indicated that the date was out of range. Given that you know the setup of your text, can you use an expression like the following? This will simply extract the text and re-order it.

=mid(ri!dateText,4,2)&"/"&left(ri!dateText,2)&"/"&mid(ri!dateText,7,2)&" "&index(split(ri!dateText," "),2,"Error")

I would have used right(ri!dateText, 5), but I am not sure how all the time values will be treated.
  • In trying to test your rule with a gregorian Calendar, I ran in to an error with this expression: userdatevalue(index(split(ri!date," "),1,"Error 1")) -- It indicated that the date was out of range. Given that you know the setup of your text, can you use an expression like the following? This will simply extract the text and re-order it.

=mid(ri!dateText,4,2)&"/"&left(ri!dateText,2)&"/"&mid(ri!dateText,7,2)&" "&index(split(ri!dateText," "),2,"Error")

I would have used right(ri!dateText, 5), but I am not sure how all the time values will be treated.
Children
No Data