Am getting the following error while saving the model any idea: "Invalid in

Am getting the following error while saving the model any idea: "Invalid interior expressions, a data tab with interior expressions had its type changed, but was not cleared first: Process Model is not valid. Could not create interior indices, different lengths"...Please help me with this asap...

OriginalPostID-72797

OriginalPostID-72797

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• It seems you are running an old version of Appian (6.6.1 or older). In these old version given an ACP of type nested three-level CDT (or more levels), you cannot assign an expression to any of its properties. Non-expression values work fine, the issue only occurs if you pass an expression as the value of the field (i.e. a string that starts with equals {=}).

The workaround will be to build the third (and below) levels of the CDT in a separate script task, store that property in process variable and map it in the original script task.

Let me explain this with an example (your use case may be similar but for a web service):

1. Import this application forum.appian.com/.../89778
    2. Open it on 6.6.1
    3. Navigate to the Setup tab of the AN-45427 Script Task
    4. Expand the input called "Grandfather" up to the property called "name"
    5. Type any expression such as: ="AN-45427"
    6. Save the changes
    7. Try to save the model, you will get the validation error described on your post

For the issue I described in my previous note the workaround will be to build the third (and below) levels of the CDT in a separate script task, store that property in process variable and map it in the original script task.

For the attached example the workaround would be:

1. Create a script task to build an input of type "Me"
    2. Populate the property called "name" of this input (at this point you can now use an expression because you don't have more than three levels in this sub-CDT)
    3. Store this acp in a process variable
    4. Navigate to the Setup tab of the AN-45427 Script Task
    5. Assign this process variable as the value of the property called "Me"
    6. Save and publish the model. This will succeed.

This workaround is explained in this video forum.appian.com/.../89779. I hope this is useful for you to workaround this while you consider upgrading to a newer Appian version where this is not an issue.

• We are on version 7.6 and I have a flat cdt and am getting this error after a cdt change. I can see a removed field in the documentation, however, I don't see it on either the input or output data tabs.
  • Have you tried running Impact Analysis over this CDT? (make sure your model is inside an application)