Active Instances to stick with Old Version of Code - Post Deployment

I want the newer instances to follow the new code and older to follow older code. Is there a way to make the active instances to follow the older version of the code though the sub-processes are yet to be triggered?

OriginalPostID-256982

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Your subprocesses need to be backwards compatible, there is no way to select which version of the subprocess to select at runtime.

You could potentially create copies of models and map these in the parent, which means you would not update the existing process models. However, I think this could provide for a poor user experience since tasks triggered back to back will be different depending on when their parent was kicked off.

This adds to the case for data-centric design and short-lived processes. It makes backwards-compatibility so much easier to manage.
  • Your subprocesses need to be backwards compatible, there is no way to select which version of the subprocess to select at runtime.

You could potentially create copies of models and map these in the parent, which means you would not update the existing process models. However, I think this could provide for a poor user experience since tasks triggered back to back will be different depending on when their parent was kicked off.

This adds to the case for data-centric design and short-lived processes. It makes backwards-compatibility so much easier to manage.
Children
No Data