Hi all, is there a way to skip an node when error happens? I mean when

Hi all,
is there a way to skip an node when error happens?
I mean when it is hung in red status?
I know i can add an exception flow to deal with green status.

I'm calling a web service which returns a xml and i use it to create a document.
before the web service, there is a task which is used to create the request soap.
and after the web service , the smart service "Appian Document from base64" will create a document.
an unexpected error could happen in all of these nodes,
and result in the process being stopped.

in this case, exception flow doesn't work and the node can not skipped.

Can someone help me, please?

Thank you very much...

OriginalPostID-72962

OriginalPostID-72962

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I second Sathya on this. If the node fails ideally the process should not move ahead until the erroneous node is fixed. However I do not deny the fact that there could be situations where in errored node is not of much significance.

If I have got your use case right, then the reason you want the process to move forward irrespective of the either of the nodes (Create Request Soap --> Web Service Call --> Create the Doc) resulting into an error means that the rest of the flow you need to carry out does/might not depend on the creation of that document from the XML received from the web service. In that case, one can have an AND gateway one flow takes you to the document creation (Create Request Soap --> Web Service Call --> Create the Doc) which if you want could be a sub process carried out Asynchronously and the other flow(s) which you want to proceed irrespective of the errors occuring in the flow mentioned above.

Having a timer set is also an option (I would prefer to keep it as the last option) which will trigger if the node errors out, but this timer needs to be set on all the nodes which you think might error out.
  • I second Sathya on this. If the node fails ideally the process should not move ahead until the erroneous node is fixed. However I do not deny the fact that there could be situations where in errored node is not of much significance.

If I have got your use case right, then the reason you want the process to move forward irrespective of the either of the nodes (Create Request Soap --> Web Service Call --> Create the Doc) resulting into an error means that the rest of the flow you need to carry out does/might not depend on the creation of that document from the XML received from the web service. In that case, one can have an AND gateway one flow takes you to the document creation (Create Request Soap --> Web Service Call --> Create the Doc) which if you want could be a sub process carried out Asynchronously and the other flow(s) which you want to proceed irrespective of the errors occuring in the flow mentioned above.

Having a timer set is also an option (I would prefer to keep it as the last option) which will trigger if the node errors out, but this timer needs to be set on all the nodes which you think might error out.
Children
No Data