Hi all, is there a way to skip an node when error happens? I mean when

Hi all,
is there a way to skip an node when error happens?
I mean when it is hung in red status?
I know i can add an exception flow to deal with green status.

I'm calling a web service which returns a xml and i use it to create a document.
before the web service, there is a task which is used to create the request soap.
and after the web service , the smart service "Appian Document from base64" will create a document.
an unexpected error could happen in all of these nodes,
and result in the process being stopped.

in this case, exception flow doesn't work and the node can not skipped.

Can someone help me, please?

Thank you very much...

OriginalPostID-72962

OriginalPostID-72962

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If I have got your question right -
    I personally feel that the requirements/use-cases trigger which approach needs to be used.
    For example -
    We should be fine with just relying on the alerts (if not a task), if the process is designed to pick all the data each time, thereby giving the adminstrator a chance to fix the erroneous record before the process is run again.
    By all data I mean those records/data for which the webservice is not run before or has errored out.
    I would further add, next time the process model is run and if the erroneous data is not picked up again, then after the webservice errors/times out a task directed to the administrator group would be good so that the admin is well aware that the data needs to be fixed and then the process instance/node needs to be started and run again manually.

I would follow the approach of creating a task for the admin to look into the error and then having an escalation set if it is not answered in a stipulated time period, this is if and only if the failed process holds significant importance for the business.
    It would also depend on how well the administrators react to alerts.

Apologies, but I have not used the alert scanner smart service in the projects to talk much on it. But yes, we can have a Process Model running daily at a particular time, scanning through all the alerts and picking the ones which require attention. Though there is no extra data that is returned by this smart service which cannot be found on the alert and the drilled down process instance, this can be useful if the process model with the erroneous node is run a multiple times daily, resulting into loads of alerts each day.
  • If I have got your question right -
    I personally feel that the requirements/use-cases trigger which approach needs to be used.
    For example -
    We should be fine with just relying on the alerts (if not a task), if the process is designed to pick all the data each time, thereby giving the adminstrator a chance to fix the erroneous record before the process is run again.
    By all data I mean those records/data for which the webservice is not run before or has errored out.
    I would further add, next time the process model is run and if the erroneous data is not picked up again, then after the webservice errors/times out a task directed to the administrator group would be good so that the admin is well aware that the data needs to be fixed and then the process instance/node needs to be started and run again manually.

I would follow the approach of creating a task for the admin to look into the error and then having an escalation set if it is not answered in a stipulated time period, this is if and only if the failed process holds significant importance for the business.
    It would also depend on how well the administrators react to alerts.

Apologies, but I have not used the alert scanner smart service in the projects to talk much on it. But yes, we can have a Process Model running daily at a particular time, scanning through all the alerts and picking the ones which require attention. Though there is no extra data that is returned by this smart service which cannot be found on the alert and the drilled down process instance, this can be useful if the process model with the erroneous node is run a multiple times daily, resulting into loads of alerts each day.
Children
No Data