Exception flow in Receive Message Event

The receive message event if waiting for an email to take the process flow is a blocking statement.
Meaning, the process waits for the receive message event node to executed once it is activated and it can only execute once a message is received.
However, there is no exception flow associated with the receive message event like a timer or a condition after which the message is no longer required or an alternative flow is desired.
Anyone effective way to achieve this?

OriginalPostID-258544

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I think I understand what you are trying to accomplish. How about wrapping the process having the receive message event in a synchronous subprocess? Then in the parent process have a rule trigger which will trigger based on some time or condition. And it should then execute the terminate event. So, when the parent terminates due to some condition/timer, the child subprocess will also terminate rather than continue waiting for receive message event
  • I think I understand what you are trying to accomplish. How about wrapping the process having the receive message event in a synchronous subprocess? Then in the parent process have a rule trigger which will trigger based on some time or condition. And it should then execute the terminate event. So, when the parent terminates due to some condition/timer, the child subprocess will also terminate rather than continue waiting for receive message event
Children
No Data