Cancelling Specific Tasks From a Separate Process

Certified Senior Developer
Hello,

I have a report that assigns a task to a user.

A user is selected, the task is assigned to them, and this kicks off a process model that assigns and creates the task. There is a process with a sub-process contained within it.

The task needs to be able to be reassigned to another user via the report. The issue is that this creates a duplicate task but does not cancel the first task.

How can I cancel the first task if the new task is created in its stead?

The parent process sets up the values and the sub-process contains the user input task.

Thank you for your help.

OriginalPostID-261324

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Yes this works for sure. Through the function a!queryProcessAnalytics() you will be able to get the existing task id and also the process instance id when you pass the context process model. And a question here: Why not cancelling the process directly? Is there any specific reason you are going for Send Message Event to invoke a new process? The reason why I am asking is because the functionalities are not recommended any more as they got deprecated..
  • Yes this works for sure. Through the function a!queryProcessAnalytics() you will be able to get the existing task id and also the process instance id when you pass the context process model. And a question here: Why not cancelling the process directly? Is there any specific reason you are going for Send Message Event to invoke a new process? The reason why I am asking is because the functionalities are not recommended any more as they got deprecated..
Children
No Data