StartProcess instance crashes if chaining is enabled

Hi,
We have noticed that when we initiate a PM using a!startprocess through the sail form & if the process model has activities with chaining enabled to which are taking some time to complete, the startprocess crashes. Our requirement is that we need merge a few documents using this model which takes a few seconds extra & present the link to that document on the sail form so chaining right till the end was needed. We tried to put a work around to this by forking a parallel dummy flow & disable chaining on that, but it didn't help. I saw a similar issue where they were talking about this being a bug. Please let us know if anyone have noticed this issue.

forum.appian.com/.../Error when parsing process details or variables

2017-02-16 12:43:43,945 GMT INFO [stdout] (Appian Work Item - 15662 - ProcessExec01 : UnattendedJavaActivityRequest) Inside docx...
2017-02-...

OriginalPostID-264641

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Node limit on activity chaining can be increased and the time limit on chaining as mentioned in the docs is 10 minutes. (It's worth noting that 50 nodes or 5 seconds are discouraged but it isn't mentioned that going beyond those limits is impossible.)

It's neither about the activity chaining nor its limits. a!startProcess is to trigger the process asynchronously(similar to a sub-process with the asynchronous option checked) and so it just returns the basic info such as Process(or Model) Info, Process Variables (I believe it's parameterised variables) and then for the rest you need an analytics call.
  • Node limit on activity chaining can be increased and the time limit on chaining as mentioned in the docs is 10 minutes. (It's worth noting that 50 nodes or 5 seconds are discouraged but it isn't mentioned that going beyond those limits is impossible.)

It's neither about the activity chaining nor its limits. a!startProcess is to trigger the process asynchronously(similar to a sub-process with the asynchronous option checked) and so it just returns the basic info such as Process(or Model) Info, Process Variables (I believe it's parameterised variables) and then for the rest you need an analytics call.
Children
No Data