Strange behavior of Task submission in Appian v17.1

We are facing a strange behavior related to Task submission for the following scenario in Appian 17.1.

1. When user submitted the task of type (Adhoc task, Assigned task, Task initiated from Action (e.g. Start Form) etc), the task is getting submitted successfully from user end, but after a moment same task is re-appearing in the user's Tasks queue in tempo. In other words, user able to submit to same task multiple times. When I open the process instance in monitor mode for the same task, it is observed that the process is stuck at the task node and it is not getting completed. In actual, form is submitted, process variables are updated with the user input values. however, it is not flowing to next point in process instance. We also observed that process flow is flowing, if it is a activity chained, i.e. this issue is only occurred for non activity chaining...

OriginalPostID-267271

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• ... flow.

2. When we tried to reassign the user input task, then task reassigned successfully to new user, i.e. task is available in task queue for the new user. But, same task is still available to old user in his task queue in Tempo.

3. Task count under task list is also not reflected correctly in Tempo. i.e. In user task inbox, it showing 7 tasks, however, task count showing only 5.

Below are the step that we tried to troubleshoot this issue.

1. Execute the check engine script and all engines are showing OK status.
    2. Patch import is also working as expected.
    3. We also monitor the server.log, there is no error popup in logs while performing all these activities.

Please note - We know that restart of application server or Appian engine may resolve this issue. However, I'm expecting to get to actual RCA.
  • @gautams778
    Is this strange behavior is happening only in any specific environment or in all environment of 17.1 ??
    For Ex : Only in Dev this issue persists or in SIT,UAT also it remains ?
  • @mohammedz - We only have deployed 17.1 on one of our servers. Do you have any insights ?