An error occurred while retrieving the data for <record type for x>

I have a CDT ("x") that references CDT "y" which then references CDT "z"; both references are via a ManyToOne join column.

Both y and z have a “name” field that maps to a database column in each table named “NAME”.

When I try to group on the y_field.z_field.name in APN_uiPieChartFromRecordType, the Tempo Report displays: "An error occurred while retrieving the data for “<record type for x>”. The app server log reports "Unknown column 'alias2x2_.NAME' in 'field list'.

I can group on x_field.name. Is it not possible to go one step farther down the chain?...

OriginalPostID-78151

OriginalPostID-78151

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Okay, I will give a concrete example. My "Request" CDT references my "Software" CDT via a ManyToOne relationship element named "software". My Software CDT references my "SoftwareCategory" CDT via a ManyToOne relationship element named "softwareCategory". My SoftwareCategory CDT contains a field named "name" which contains the name of the software category.

On a Tempo Report for my Requests, I want to display a pie chart that shows the number of requests per software category.

When I try to group on “software.softwareCategory.name” in APN_uiPieChartFromRecordType, the Tempo Report displays: "An error occurred while retrieving the data for “Request”. The app server log reports "Unknown column 'alias2x2_.NAME' in 'field list'.

I have been successful in displaying “software.softwareCategory.name” via APN_uiPagingGridAutoColumns.

I have also been able to group on “software.name” in APN_uiPieChartFromRecordType.
  • Okay, I will give a concrete example. My "Request" CDT references my "Software" CDT via a ManyToOne relationship element named "software". My Software CDT references my "SoftwareCategory" CDT via a ManyToOne relationship element named "softwareCategory". My SoftwareCategory CDT contains a field named "name" which contains the name of the software category.

On a Tempo Report for my Requests, I want to display a pie chart that shows the number of requests per software category.

When I try to group on “software.softwareCategory.name” in APN_uiPieChartFromRecordType, the Tempo Report displays: "An error occurred while retrieving the data for “Request”. The app server log reports "Unknown column 'alias2x2_.NAME' in 'field list'.

I have been successful in displaying “software.softwareCategory.name” via APN_uiPagingGridAutoColumns.

I have also been able to group on “software.name” in APN_uiPieChartFromRecordType.
Children
No Data