Process Report filtered by variables

Hi,

Is it possible to generate a report of all running processes for a process model, which have a particular value for a process variable? The process variable would of course be one of the variables defined for that process model.

When adding columns to the report via Report -> Options -> Data -> New Data -> Expression Editor, it shows "No Process Variables available". This is despite the fact that I have configured process variables for the process model in File -> Properties -> Variables for the process model, and none of them are marked "Hidden".

I assume that I need to have added the column to the report before I can filter by it. So it's this first step I am having trouble with. Alternatively, is there any way I can achieve this using the queryProcessAnalytics function? For example is there another function I can use in conjunction with queryProcessAnalytics, which gets the process variable value given the process variable name and process ID?

We are using Appian 16.3 at the moment in my organisation.

Thanks,
Adam

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• You can explicitly name the process variable you want to pull in the portal report by typing in pv!variablename in the Definition field.
    This will default to empty if the process tied to the row does not have pv!variablename defined.

The list of process variables that populate when going through the Report-> Options -> Data -> New Data -> Expression Editor path can sometimes fail to populate due to the Report Context.