Need to display all users from specific groups based on the search filter in report

Hi ,

I have a requirement where I need to display all users of the specific application related groups (around 72 groups) in a read only grid

and based on the search filters available on this report , it should filter the above generic search results and display the filtered group of users in grid.

How to get the list of all  users in  a single call by passing group names (LIST).

Please suggest.

Thank

Soujanya

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • HI  ,

You can filter all the groups by its prefix and fetch all users based on the filters group list. But If you have too many groups and lot of users inside the groups this can easily become a performance issues.

I would suggest that you have a parent group say 'ALL RTRR BU groups'. then add all the groups under that application to this group. The you can write a logic to get all members from the parent group. (getmemberuserspaging).

Also as suggested by other practitioners defining a new group type and grouping related groups is a good way forward if you have a proper requirement to do so.

Also keep in mind if you decide to use getDistictUser function (This function performance much more faster than any other functions that used retrieve users from groups) have a limitation. If your groups have more than 10,000 users this function will only returns up-to maximum 10,000 users. Hence if you users base is more than 10,000 users it is better not to use this even though it is a super fast function.

Regards
    Suresh

• HI  ,

You can filter all the groups by its prefix and fetch all users based on the filters group list. But If you have too many groups and lot of users inside the groups this can easily become a performance issues.

I would suggest that you have a parent group say 'ALL RTRR BU groups'. then add all the groups under that application to this group. The you can write a logic to get all members from the parent group. (getmemberuserspaging).

Also as suggested by other practitioners defining a new group type and grouping related groups is a good way forward if you have a proper requirement to do so.

Also keep in mind if you decide to use getDistictUser function (This function performance much more faster than any other functions that used retrieve users from groups) have a limitation. If your groups have more than 10,000 users this function will only returns up-to maximum 10,000 users. Hence if you users base is more than 10,000 users it is better not to use this even though it is a super fast function.

Regards
    Suresh

Children
No Data