Suggestions for creating multiple Process Reports to get data for a single grid

We are on 17.4 Cloud.

We have a report which is used by managers and team leaders on daily basis to check the active work of the employees. Currently, because of the huge number of processes and few of the complex filters logic, the report frequently times out. We have identified the problematic filters and we did implement some of the optimization per Appian Best Practices. This did improve the performance, but the time out persists. One of the ideas we were mulling was to separate the underlying process reports such that display columns would be in one report and filter columns would be in another. And during the initial report loading or during filters, I would run the report with filter columns and get the Job IDs. And use those Job IDs to filter on the report with the display columns.

My concern is that this approach would increase the load on the Analytics engines. But the argument against it is, we are on HA set up with 3 application servers and it should be able to handle the load gracefully. But, suggestion I want is whether this approach good or is there any alternative I need to think of.

Thanks,
Akshar

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible