batch job / process

how to crate a batch process which sends a generic email for all the users email who have some pending tasks in report. Note that these tasks are not appian tasks for which we can set escalations

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Sneha,
    From what ever i understood in bits and pieces, you can have a process model with a scheduler and 'Send Email' node.
    Main question is to identify recipients. If the tasks are not Appian,what you mean by "some pending tasks"?

Could you please elaborate? its difficult to understand your use case completely.

• Hi Snehal,

Batch processes are ones that run on timely basis without human intervention , for example it can run hourly , daily once at a specified time ,etc.., To achieve this you must place timer event in your start node and set recurrence and rule conditions accordingly. Refer docs.appian.com/.../Start_Event_-_Timer.html for more info on this and inside this process you have to build the logic to identify users and send them email .

Regards,
    Thoufiq.
  • Snehal,

If I understand correctly, you need some reminders to be sent to users. If the tasks for which the reminders are needed, are not Appian tasks, you could build a table which tracks the status of these tasks and its owner's emails, completion date etc. Then through Appian process using timers or CRON or any other standard batch framework, you could schedule a job to check the status of task, and send emails. Basically first you will need to build a container for holding the details about the tasks, and then you have wide range of options for scheduling the reminders for those.
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to Umesh Patel
    Yes Umesh,
    I would like to elaborate on this as follows:
    1. These are basically entity backed records.
    2.We are using process model only to create request, afterwards all the actions are taken from these record's summary page due to application's requirement.
    3.As further actions are taken from summary page, it does not show in my task of tempo. But it still remains a task assigned to particular group.
    4. One way to achieve this is by querying all the records with multiple conditions and getting list of users with one or more pending tasks and sending them emails by send email node from process model.
    5. I was checking if there is any simpler way to this.
  • Thanks Gaurav,
    We are considering this option only just wanted to check if there is any other simpler option that we might be missing to achieve this.
  • Hi Snehal,
    Thanks for explanation.
    You might be storing task status and group/user to whom its assigned in your database. i don't remember any other option than what you are doing. i.e. querying your DB to identify status and picking users to send email.
    So, your scheduler will query DB to find users with pending task and send email.
    I will let you know if anything clicks me.
    Thanks.