Creating a Report that can access System logs over 3 HA Application Servers

Hi 

We're running a High Availability Cloud system.

If I log into Server 1 then the Log Reader application will pick up the logs on Server 1, if I'm on Server 2 then I get to see the logs for Server 2 etc - the server I end up is random.  

Has anyone found a way of accessing the system logs regardless of which server a user is logged into via the Shared-Logs directory in a UI or expression rule ? 

I had hoped to use some of the Log Reader functions for reading CSV's but these functions do not seem to work with the Shared Logs directory construct. 

Any ideas ? 

Many thanks

Paul

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Paul,

It is unknown to me if the Log Reader plugin pulls logs from the directory appian/ae/shared-logs/<server-name>, but I can confirm that an Appian Cloud HA instance does expose logs from all three servers in their own directory under appian/ae/shared-logs/  -- e.g. 

appian/ae/shared-logs/server1

appian/ae/shared-logs/server2

appian/ae/shared-logs/server3

This might give you insight into how the logs are organized in Appian Cloud HA instance and adjust the inputs of the plugin (if possible)

An alternative to the Log Reader plugin would be setting up Log Streaming in your Appian Cloud instance. Log Streaming supports sending auth-audit.csv logs from all three nodes in your HA instance to a syslog receiver in your network.  

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/19.2/Log_Streaming_for_Appian_Cloud.html

Hope this helps

-Luis

• Paul,

It is unknown to me if the Log Reader plugin pulls logs from the directory appian/ae/shared-logs/<server-name>, but I can confirm that an Appian Cloud HA instance does expose logs from all three servers in their own directory under appian/ae/shared-logs/  -- e.g. 

appian/ae/shared-logs/server1

appian/ae/shared-logs/server2

appian/ae/shared-logs/server3

This might give you insight into how the logs are organized in Appian Cloud HA instance and adjust the inputs of the plugin (if possible)

An alternative to the Log Reader plugin would be setting up Log Streaming in your Appian Cloud instance. Log Streaming supports sending auth-audit.csv logs from all three nodes in your HA instance to a syslog receiver in your network.  

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/19.2/Log_Streaming_for_Appian_Cloud.html

Hope this helps

-Luis

Children
No Data