Export to Excel

Hi ,

We have created a Tempo Report, where we are displaying data from Database in Grid Format  and we are using fn!getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromrule() function to get that data in Excel sheet . But if the user is performs sort operation on any fields , and then clicks on Export to Excel link , it is not generating data in sorted format as displayed in grid.

How can we achieve this functionality?

Thanks

Namrata

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Namratha,
    From what I have understood you are performing the sort operation to view the data in a sorted order. This will not change the order of rows in the database. I think export to excel option works by generating excel from the source from where the data is taken instead of the table that we are viewing. If want your excel to be sorted, try to implement sorting in getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromrule().
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Yeswanth.
  • Hi Namratha,
    From what I have understood you are performing the sort operation to view the data in a sorted order. This will not change the order of rows in the database. I think export to excel option works by generating excel from the source from where the data is taken instead of the table that we are viewing. If want your excel to be sorted, try to implement sorting in getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromrule().
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Yeswanth.
Children
No Data