Export process backed report to Excel

We have a requirement for a process backed report to have a link to generate an Excel file based on the output of the report.  I see that there is a plugin (getdatasubsetfromrule()) that does this, but it looks like it for entity backed, not process backed.  In the portal report, there is an built in function to export the output to Excel. Is there something similar that can be done in a SAIL interface?  We are currently on version 18.1.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Howard,

I haven't tried the getdatasubsetfromrule() to get data from report, did you use a!queryProcessAnalytics function? what is the error it is throwing?
    If you didn't try that, you can create a rule that gives the data from process report and then map that in the Data type Exportable Data subset.

If you want to have an other option is like you need to use a!startProcess smart service function where in you can generate an excel from the process model and show it back in the report.
  • Hi Howard,

I haven't tried the getdatasubsetfromrule() to get data from report, did you use a!queryProcessAnalytics function? what is the error it is throwing?
    If you didn't try that, you can create a rule that gives the data from process report and then map that in the Data type Exportable Data subset.

If you want to have an other option is like you need to use a!startProcess smart service function where in you can generate an excel from the process model and show it back in the report.
Children
No Data