Task Report - column using a custom function / some in-built functions does not work

We are trying to call an Appian function for a column in a Task Report. I can see that some of the inbuilt Appian functions work (like group(<Appian Group>,"id")) works. Whereas, some Appian functions do not work. Like - isusermemberofgroup(username: <Appian User Name>,groupId: <Appian Group ID>) does not work. Same behavior we observed when using a custom function. If the function is invoked in a dictionary format from Task Queue, it does not work, also if the custom function internally uses a dictionary format to call other function, that does not work. But a function call without any dictionary format works.

Is this a known limitation? If so, how can we invoke custom functions for Appian Task report columns - for our use case, we need to be able to use isusermemberofgroup function.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Hi Carlos
    Thanks for your response. The link above does not work for me.
    Also, it's not just custom functions - even in built Appian functions don't seem to always work. Like the example I gave - group function works, but isusermemberofgroups does not work. Also, custom functions sometimes work (without dictionary format). Is there any such known limitation or it's an issue with the task report and is expected to be addressed by Appian support?
    We know evaluating and saving to process variables will work, but that will require changes in all associated process models and also inflight instances (which in our case is more than 1000), won't directly work as the in-flight processes will not have the evaluated result.
    Please advise if there is any better / standard way.
Children