Show the details of a single task under the grid

I have seen several examples to show the tasks of a process model. I´ve two interfaces, one for the tasks (AUTR_UserTaskReport_Dashboard) and one for task details (T_IF_IncidenciaProcesada), and I want to show both together (the second one down the firt one).

As someone already know, if you click on a task, it´ll open the task details (including the process variables, which are the ones I need access to).

The task details open in Tempo, but I want to show it down my grid, not in Tempo.

Is it possible?? Anybody know how to do it??

Thanks so much!

Pablo.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Pablo Ramos Clemente,
    As in your first interface you fetch all Task and you are trying to task on same interface when you click on Task link, but instead of opening in same tab it is opening in Tempo right,

These is predefined way of Appian if you click on Task link on Interface it will redirect you in Tempo,
    But if you include your Task List interface(or dashboard ) or create an Interface of Task List and include it on Site in appian and then try to click on that task link it will open in same Interface (or same window)

First create Interface which fetch all task assigned to user using code mention in following link,

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/18.4/recipe_display_a_users_tasks_in_a_grid_with_task_links.html

(remember you have to create constant pointing to Task report in Appian to get All Task related to user )

then include that interface in your Application Site and then try to execute.

It will resolve your problem.... 

As i done

Image(A) fetch all task on interface and then after click on task link it will redirect me to User Input Task Interface in same window as shown below in Image(B)

• Hi amitb0004,

it would be a good plan B, but due to the design, I can not lose sight of the grid.

I found a example, https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/18.4/recipe_use_links_in_a_grid_to_show_more_details_and_edit_data.html

I created an interface with local variables to get the functionality I want:

Instead, I´ve a new problem. I created a Task Report (and his constant), but I dont receive any data.

The constant has the task report, T_C_RecordTask:

And the report is T_R_TaskPM:

So.. It isnt empty, and the query doesnt bring back nothing.

Thanks for your time!

Pablo.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi Pablo,

I'm the author of AUTR_UserTaskReport_Dashboard just fyi. Anyway, I believe what you're asking for is not currently possible, since as far as I know the process instance is not aware of the current state of the ACP variables within the form for a running task. Especially since those variables are subject to change unpredictably up until the task is submitted by the task assignee/owner.

I think I recall someone suggesting, in your previous Community post perhaps, that you could access most of your relevant data via the PV values that are then passed into the task to determine the ACPs.  Accessing the PV values should be easy but will require you to create a custom process report where you add data columns for each PV you want to know the value of.  The queried report data won't reflect any PV data until you do this.

Edit to add: Also, it looks like in your SAIL form you're passing the text process model name in as Report Context.  I believe you need to be passing in the process model itself (which I think you need to create a constant for).  I expect the way you're trying it - using plaintext - won't do anything, so it's as if you're running the report with blank context.

showing task on same interface as you mention above is not possible as per my knowledge

and
    Insted of creating you own Task Report search for "Tasks for User" in you appian designer objects which is already provided by and make its constant and used that constant in following code mention in following link which i already mention above

docs.appian.com/.../recipe_display_a_users_tasks_in_a_grid_with_task_links.html

(After creating check missing precedent and it in your app )

• Hi Mike!

The first, thanks for share the AUTR_UserTaskReport_Dashboard! Im going to adapt your form to my needs.

The reason I didnt get data, was what you said, using a constant:

local!report: a!queryProcessAnalytics(

report: cons!T_C_RecordTask,

contextProcessModels: cons!T_C_TestingPM,   <==   I had the PM name ("T_PM_Testing") and didnt work.

query: a!query(pagingInfo: local!pagingInfo)              Now with the constant (type PM), its perfect!

)

Actually, with the data recovered from the report correctly and with you form as a template, I think I can get my goal easily.

Thanks for all!

Pablo.