Need help on opening the report page with preselected filter

We are working on a customer requirement where the links in an email will open the report page in appian site with pre-selected filter options and showing records as per the filter criteria.

Note :  The report URL in site remains the same despite of filters chosen.

For ex.

First time i want to open the report page in site as status=Pending, Escalated = Yes. and second time i want to open the report page as status = Cleared, Escalated =No and so on.

If anyone has worked on any such requirement or if there is any custom solution that someone has implemented for this scenario

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hello Swapnil, 

The other day I was working in one idea and I found a way to get parameters over a startProcess the same way you do it when calling a startProcess thru a related action. As an experiment it was good but I don't feel like a solution using not supported functions  would be a really good option. So I would suggest to stick with valid solutions. 

The question would be, based on what the report will change the behavior/filters? if it could be based on certain action taken on the reports , maybe what you want is something similiar to the saved filters. which is to store the filters and when entering to the page you retrieve the filters and show what ever you want. 

https://community.appian.com/b/appmarket/posts/saved-filters-application

So If the report changes based on the user clicking  into something, a timeout, a timer, or some condition you can handle on the process models or the screen, then you might be able to use this approach. 

Hope this helps

Thanks

Jose 

• +1
    Appian Employee
    in reply to josep

Agreed. I think you're going to have to be creative and save the desired state in the database then have the report read that on load. Saved filters app will help since it has functionality for user defined filters, last search, and global filters (non-user specific). You could use this structure and even add a new type if needed.