Generate Record Type from Process Model

Hello,

I would like to generate a Grid Table from a Process Model. My process has an array of CDT called "Result" in this format: 

[nfc=, description= proto1, type=1, items=, to=, id=1],

[nfc=, description= proto2, type=1, items=, to=, id=2],

[nfc=, description= proto3, type=1, items=, to=, id=3]

Into "Edit Record List" I have defined a column with this property:  Component text --> Display value -> fr!result.description

But the preview prints me out:  "

Error Evaluating UI Expression

The field [result.description] does not exist.

I can't understand how to show all fields of an array from a Process Model.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi,

Can you provide a little more information about your issue? Are you using the Process Model as the source of your Record Type? If you have defined the source correctly, you should be able to type rf! in the record list editor in any expression and it will autocomplete with suggestions for the variables available.

If you have your source defined correctly and it's still not working, also try to publish your process model.

I'm also a little confused what you are trying to do. The purpose of the record list is to show one row for each instance of the process, but it looks like you're trying to create a grid with all the data from a single instance. If that is the case you don't want to use "Edit Record List" - instead, create an interface that can display in the summary view and use a grid there: 

docs.appian.com/.../Create_a_Record_View.html

• Yes I'm using a process Model.

What I have done is to put all my string data into one intance ( instance is a variable? ).
    So what I have to do in my case? 

Put, for example, all the description fields into one instance?

Tks

Reply Children