How can I determine what fields are available to use with dot notations for field values?

Certified Lead Developer

Using the queryrecord() function I can pass in a text array of field names that I want from the record type via query selection. At runtime I want this list of fields to be dynamically generated based on conditions.

But when I have loaded the queryrecord into a local variable in the dashboard expression how can I determine what fields are available to use with dot notations for field values?...

OriginalPostID-91574

OriginalPostID-91574

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi tim.clarke, index() will be useful in your case. Use fn!index(local!yourVariable.data,<columnName>,{}). If the field Name exists you will get a non-null data which means that you can access the field with dot notation. Else if you already have the field names stored in a local variable, you can directly access the data something like local!yourVariable.data["columnName"]
  • Hi tim.clarke, index() will be useful in your case. Use fn!index(local!yourVariable.data,<columnName>,{}). If the field Name exists you will get a non-null data which means that you can access the field with dot notation. Else if you already have the field names stored in a local variable, you can directly access the data something like local!yourVariable.data["columnName"]
Children
No Data