Tasks not appearing for some users within one group

Hi All,

I have this particular issue where users handles a task steps back and when the user go back to the report he can no longer see the task. I first thought this is security issue but then he told me his colleague who has same groups as him can see this task. I am wondering what could go wrong it started after we released application to the production, but it affects all of the applications that are not related to the one we released. Any suggestions what to check/do ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • What do you mean by "steps back and user goes back"? Does the user click on the back button of the task or the browser's back arrow. If the user clicks a back button, then more often than not, it's a submit button where the task would be completed and the user user won't be able to see the task.

I am not sure what your use case is as it is not quite clear in the post. it would be helpful if can post some screenshots

• By step back I mean they click for example on reports tab directly from the task, sorry for not being clear with this.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to borisd788

I'm not exactly clear based on your original description, but it almost sounds as if "user A" in your scenario is accepting a group-assigned task, and then user B (in the same group) can no longer see the task -- but this would be expected since after a task is accepted by a user, it's no longer group-assigned.  Can you provide any clarification on this?

• That is exactly what I thought at first, but the task is either not accepted by any user (this usually happens after time trigger or we have this functionality when user can "pause the request" where we write in DB that status is paused and trough decision gate we route the flow back to the screen, but because the request is in paused state in DB we don't show them the task on dashboard, then they unpause the request and the status changes and they can see the task on dashboard because the status in the DB changed), or if the task is accepted it is accepted by the user that cant see the task - at this point only administrators can see the task.

Sorry for not being clear in my explanations.

• That is exactly what I thought at first, but the task is either not accepted by any user (this usually happens after time trigger or we have this functionality when user can "pause the request" where we write in DB that status is paused and trough decision gate we route the flow back to the screen, but because the request is in paused state in DB we don't show them the task on dashboard, then they unpause the request and the status changes and they can see the task on dashboard because the status in the DB changed), or if the task is accepted it is accepted by the user that cant see the task - at this point only administrators can see the task.

Sorry for not being clear in my explanations.

Children