Report Error in Quick App Tutorial [low importance]

Hi,

I just recently tried to follow the Quick App Tutorial in the Trial Environment : Path:

FreeTrial Environment/ Learn Appian / QuickApps presented by Peter Lewis

After the Quick App is generated by Appian, without changing anything on my site, I receive an Tempo error while navigating to the TRENDS Report on the generated site of the suggestions app.

It reads:

Error Evaluating UI Expression Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = RIAER4QZ] in rule 'pis_allsuggestions' at function a!gridField [line 356]: A grid component [label=“null”] has an invalid value for “columns”. A grid column [label=“User”] has encountered an error. Expression evaluation error at function a!linkField [line 401]: An AnyLinkField component [label=“”] has an invalid value for “links”. The array of links cannot have null items.

refusing to show the site.

I guess there is a problem with the Rules in this part of the "PIS_AllSuggestions" interface rule.

Could not display interface. Please check definition and inputs. Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error at function a!gridField [line 356]: A grid component [label=“null”] has an invalid value for “columns”. A grid column [label=“User”] has encountered an error. Expression evaluation error at function a!linkField [line 401]: An AnyLinkField component [label=“”] has an invalid value for “links”. The array of links cannot have null items.

a!gridColumn(
                    label: "User",
                    sortField: "user",
                    value: a!linkField(
                      links: {
                        rule!PIS_UserRecordLink(
                          rule!PIS_FormatName(fv!row.user),
                          fv!row.user
                        )
                      }
                    )
                  ),

And I assume it is somewhere in here, something with rule!PIS_UserRecordLink() and/or rule!PIS_FormatName() which seems to throw a null value where it shouldn't , but I cannot determine what exactly the reason is.

If I replace the value with just "MyName@mydomain.de" than the report works.

Because I do not have access to my user record in the trial environment, I cannot find out, to what the rule evaluates.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible