Task Report - Update database columns when task gets re-assigned

Hello all,

We have a functionality in place to create tasks for a given case and capture or write the task report values to a table in database. Is there any way to capture or update the new values AssignedBy/AssignedTo along with time stamps to the initially created row in database?

Example:

Case 1 - User creates a task and assign to User A.

User A re-assigns the task to User B. We can see the new values (assignedTo = User B and Assigned By = User A, timestamps) in process report but we have to update the database table with these new values.

Can someone please let me know if there is a way to implement this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You can configure 'Task Exception' on your user input tasks to trigger a database save/update.

Please check the following screenshots. 

Trust it'd be useful.

A Score Level 1
    in reply to TJ

Thank you for the response @TJ. We tried the above solution and running into issues. 

Here is the process we have in place 

Related action - create task - an entry is captured in database and a task i assigned to recipient. You can see this task in task report as well. 

Here is the issue, when I re-assign, the task gets re-assigned and I can see the updated recipient in task report but the db value still have the initial assignee. 

Tried the exception way as above but the tp!assignee or tp!owner value is blank and couldn't compare. Are we missing anything here?

Also, tried another way to compare in exception by a new rule which queries task report and gets the assignedTo and compares it with value in database (assignedTo), this resulted in another error. Please see below.

Let me know if I'm doing it incorrectly. Appreciate your help. 

A Score Level 1
    in reply to TJ

Thank you for the response @TJ. We tried the above solution and running into issues. 

Here is the process we have in place 

Related action - create task - an entry is captured in database and a task i assigned to recipient. You can see this task in task report as well. 

Here is the issue, when I re-assign, the task gets re-assigned and I can see the updated recipient in task report but the db value still have the initial assignee. 

Tried the exception way as above but the tp!assignee or tp!owner value is blank and couldn't compare. Are we missing anything here?

Also, tried another way to compare in exception by a new rule which queries task report and gets the assignedTo and compares it with value in database (assignedTo), this resulted in another error. Please see below.

Let me know if I'm doing it incorrectly. Appreciate your help. 

Children