Can an Expression rule be used with a query entity to process the data before output?

I am using a process model to export data from the database to a spreadsheet. I am not using the export in the record type, just to be clear. When selecting the fields using the a!querySelection -> a!queryColumn, this immediately pulls the data and exports to a new spreadsheet, with no way of adding code to process it. If I have a CDT that has, for example, twenty fields, and one of those fields contains an employee ID. How can I, or is it even possible, to use an expression rule that takes an ID parameter, and outputs the actual employee name? There doesn't seem to be a path forward on this. I've looked through the process model, all the different query types, etc., but no way to pull the data, then process that data, before outputting to the spreadsheet.

Just to make sure this is clear, I already have the expression rule to process the data, I just have nowhere to do it and if there is a way to do it, I have not found it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to khabran

Did you follow my earlier suggestion of running the same excel sheet twice through the generator, setting your starting cell to a position ~50 columns to the right of the previous run?  (If the number of columns being inserted will be variable, you would just need to store that number by some means and then use logic to set the new starting column to the matching value).

AFAIK appian only limits the number of columns you can insert *at once* to 50, but not necessarily *in total*.  If you can show otherwise I'd like to hear the details of the steps you took to verify.

Children
No Data