task_avg_completion() performance issue

Certified Associate Developer

I want to ask about this function =task_avg_completion() as its output is not compatible by its description when I try to implement it in the process report.

I am targeting to return from this function in my report the average completion time of a task per all process instances of a process model which is expected to be the same for all the process instances but the average completion time is different from a task to another inspite it is the same task name as shown in the following pic

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

I feel like that's working as expected.  Those tasks really did languish open for 3 and 6 days respectively.  You could definitely go into those process instances and see if that's what happened.

AUTOMATED tasks taking such wildly different times to complete would suggest something amiss, but these numbers look legit as far as I can see now for a human driven task.

Were you looking for the time to complete the task once it was picked up?

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Dave Lewis

Sorry I cannot understand what you are saying so please express further.

My specific question is how to calculate the average completion time taken for every task in the process model??

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Khaled Abusen

I think what you're getting is the total time from when process flow arrived at the node to when it finally moved on.  So if someone is on vacation and doesn't pick up the task and finish it until next week, that time gets recorded.  You sound like you may be interested in how long it takes to fill out the form once the person finally sits down.  I don't know if there's any logs that record when a person accepts a task that you can compare to completion time. 

In many ways it really is more interesting that these aren't being done for 3 or more days.  That doesn't appear to be a problem with the software, but kind of a worse problem.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Khaled Abusen

I think what you're getting is the total time from when process flow arrived at the node to when it finally moved on.  So if someone is on vacation and doesn't pick up the task and finish it until next week, that time gets recorded.  You sound like you may be interested in how long it takes to fill out the form once the person finally sits down.  I don't know if there's any logs that record when a person accepts a task that you can compare to completion time. 

In many ways it really is more interesting that these aren't being done for 3 or more days.  That doesn't appear to be a problem with the software, but kind of a worse problem.

Children
No Data