Calling Power BI from Appian

How to call Power BI from Appian and show the reports in Appian. do not send the links , I have seen there is a  plugin with which we can connect to Power BI, how to render the reports & show it on Appian.

basically which functions help us to call the Power BI inside an interface & How to pass the parameters to power BI from Appian?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

To call Power BI from Appian and display reports in Appian, you have two main options:

Option 1: Power BI Embedded Service

1. Set up Power BI Embedded service in your Azure portal.
    2. Use the service to generate an embed token in Appian.
    3. Embed the Power BI report in an Appian interface using an iframe, passing the embed token as a query parameter.
    4. If you need to pass parameters to the report, modify the iframe URL in Appian to include those parameters.

Option 2: Power BI Report Embedding

1. Publish your Power BI report to the web, getting an embed code.
    2. Embed the report in an Appian interface using an iframe and the provided embed code.
    3. If you need to pass parameters, modify the embed code in Appian to include them.

Both options allow you to show Power BI reports in your Appian interface while controlling parameter passing as needed.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to srikanthreddy9369

Is this another ChatGPT answer? There are no iframes in Appian!!!

• Hah. I assumed this to mean the a!webContentField. I forget if Power BI plays nicely with it, but the component plugin provides additional features such as per-user security and interactivity between the Power BI graphs and the regular SAIL components on the interface.

Reply Children
No Data