Check whether the loggedInUser is in the group or not

Team,

I have a Portal Report of Process Model Context which will have all the tasks. I am using getPortalDataSubset() and converts it into Tempo Report and displaying the same to the end user. I need to place a filter for this report. That is User should see only the tasks pertaining to the user groups he belong to.

Say for example, if the report lists tasks of the groups such as group G1, group G2, group G3 , group G4, group G5.
User A belongs to the groups G2 and G5. When User A login to the report,the user should see the tasks of G2 and G5.
I couldn't use Appian Scripting Functions and related functions such as rule!APN_isLoggedInUserInGroup() , rule!APN_isUserInGroup()
to check whether the loggedInUser is in the group or not.

Please suggest the way to achieve this functionality.

Thanks

OriginalPostID-138726

OriginalPostID-138726

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You may want to filter the report dataset in your sail components. Eg include a column in the report about the task assignee or owner, and then in sail filter the dataset based on some criteria. Eg something like this, where I construct a filter for a given district:

with(
    local!datasubset: getPortalReportDataSubset(reportId: 39035, pagingInfo: local!pagingInfo, contextIds: 2865),
    local!filter: wherecontains(ri!byDistrict, touniformstring(local!datasubset.data[5].cells.value)),

Now I can apply local!filter to dataset columns like this:

index(local!datasubset.data[6].cells.value, local!filter)
  • You may want to filter the report dataset in your sail components. Eg include a column in the report about the task assignee or owner, and then in sail filter the dataset based on some criteria. Eg something like this, where I construct a filter for a given district:

with(
    local!datasubset: getPortalReportDataSubset(reportId: 39035, pagingInfo: local!pagingInfo, contextIds: 2865),
    local!filter: wherecontains(ri!byDistrict, touniformstring(local!datasubset.data[5].cells.value)),

Now I can apply local!filter to dataset columns like this:

index(local!datasubset.data[6].cells.value, local!filter)
Children
No Data