In the pagingInfo, if I use the grouped column as the sort, it will give me incorrect totalCount.

We are on 7.8 cloud.

I have a portal report which has several grouped columns and several aggregated columns.
Now when I am using the queryprocessanalytic to get the data, it is showing me weird behavior. Following is the behavior.
In the pagingInfo, if I use the grouped column as the sort, it will give me incorrect totalCount. But when I use the aggregated column, it will give me proper totalCount.
This causes problem when I have non editable grid and sorting is on grouped column and when someone will click on the last page.

Thanks in advance.

OriginalPostID-141488

OriginalPostID-141488

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @aksharc Hi, your question seemed quite interesting and I made a quick check. Even I too found that the totalCount returned when I tried to sort a grouped column was 117 which is actually 101 in the original report.

To add to your observation, the incorrect totalCount won't be observed if you fetch all the rows from report (i.e. batchzie = -1) at a time even if your sort is performed on a grouped column. I guess you aren't returning all the rows at a time and that's the reason why the difference is being observed.

Unfortunately the plugin getportalreportdatasubset is also behaving in the same manner(i.e. incorrect totalCount is being returned when sorting is on a grouped column and batch size is not equal to -1.)

AFAIK there isn't any problem at the code level from our side.
  • @aksharc Hi, your question seemed quite interesting and I made a quick check. Even I too found that the totalCount returned when I tried to sort a grouped column was 117 which is actually 101 in the original report.

To add to your observation, the incorrect totalCount won't be observed if you fetch all the rows from report (i.e. batchzie = -1) at a time even if your sort is performed on a grouped column. I guess you aren't returning all the rows at a time and that's the reason why the difference is being observed.

Unfortunately the plugin getportalreportdatasubset is also behaving in the same manner(i.e. incorrect totalCount is being returned when sorting is on a grouped column and batch size is not equal to -1.)

AFAIK there isn't any problem at the code level from our side.
Children
No Data