When I set this filter up no results are returned

Hi All, I'm having an issue using the a!queryFilter with the a!queryProcessAnalytics function.

I'm trying to use a queryFilter that gets the Assignee column from a portal report (this column returns data of 'any type') and uses the 'IN' operator to compare it to a list of usernames. When I set this filter up no results are returned, I've tried to cast my username list to 'any type' but this didn't solve it. An example of my code below:

a!queryFilter(
field: "c6",
operator: "in",
value: fn!cast(local!myUsernameList)
)

Thanks in advance,
Dave

OriginalPostID-147476

OriginalPostID-147476

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If we want to cast to Any Type, we could try something like:

value: apply(fn!cast(97, _), local!myUsernameList)

We may need to use the apply function as we are operating on a list. However, this may still fail as my testing shows that this command fails to modify Text types to Any Types.

And I still wouldn't want to use Any Type as a basis of comparison. No, we cannot cast that column to type Text in the Query Filter. We want to define that column as Text in the Portal Report.

Can you provide the output datasubset of the queryProcessAnalytics call, with that column defined as Text? Can you run typename or typeof on an entry in the c6 column to see if it really is an Any Type?
  • If we want to cast to Any Type, we could try something like:

value: apply(fn!cast(97, _), local!myUsernameList)

We may need to use the apply function as we are operating on a list. However, this may still fail as my testing shows that this command fails to modify Text types to Any Types.

And I still wouldn't want to use Any Type as a basis of comparison. No, we cannot cast that column to type Text in the Query Filter. We want to define that column as Text in the Portal Report.

Can you provide the output datasubset of the queryProcessAnalytics call, with that column defined as Text? Can you run typename or typeof on an entry in the c6 column to see if it really is an Any Type?
Children
No Data