Performance problem with 2400 rows

I have a database view (2400 rows), and using this I am displaying a multi layered report in tempo interface. I am currently facing issue with the expression execution response time based on "Interface Designer" Performance View matrix.

In my expression I used "a!pagingInfo", and the system response time is as below based on the "a!pagingInfo" configuration.

CASE 1:

local!pagingInfo: a!pagingInfo(
                                         startIndex: 1,
                                         batchSize: 20
                                         ),
Response Time: 9.02 Seconds

CASE 2:

local!pagingInfo: a!pagingInfo(
                                         startIndex: 1,
                                         batchSize: -1
                                         ),
Response Time: 1.01 Seconds

I am surprised to see the difference in system "Response Time" based on the paginginfo configuration.
Can anyone, please provide an explanation on this.

OriginalPostID-157827

OriginalPostID-157827

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you ever found the root cause? I am experiencing very similar behavior, and it makes no sense to me. Even if this is due to having to sort the entire view if batch size is 20, I don't understand why this results in such a performance hit, considering that -1 would still also have to sort the entire data set.

If you recall the root cause to this problem, or the solution you implemented, could you share that insight with me?
  • I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you ever found the root cause? I am experiencing very similar behavior, and it makes no sense to me. Even if this is due to having to sort the entire view if batch size is 20, I don't understand why this results in such a performance hit, considering that -1 would still also have to sort the entire data set.

If you recall the root cause to this problem, or the solution you implemented, could you share that insight with me?
Children
No Data