A way to format the color and/or style of text displayed within an a!gridField component?

#TempoReports

Does anyone know of a way to format the color and/or style of text displayed within an a!gridField component? I've been asked to find a way to automatically highlight critical items in a grid that is displayed in a Tempo report. I've tried using an a!richTextItem component in the data field of each a!gridTextColumn in the grid field, but that didn't work. Any other ideas?

OriginalPostID-163996

OriginalPostID-163996

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Correct, you would be stuck with default color (as they are just "text"). As far as size is concerned, it's probably best to fish around and find an icon that displays appropriately at default-size on a SAIL form. For instance, I wanted to prepend a "right arrow" to indicate a dynamic-link-selected item in a paging grid, so I found one that's basically like a filled sideways triangle (char(9658), i think), which looks great on SAIL forms and not too tiny. In another place I used a floppy disk icon, and/or a document icon, to designate the column header of a column where an actual image was used to indicate a downloadable file (since the column header has to be text).

To unify things (and keep them somewhat consistent), I wrote a global expression rule named something like "getUnicodeIcon", where if I pass in text like "rightArrow" it returns the above arrow image, "disk" returns the floppy disk one, and likewise with others that i've continued to add. But that's not strictly necessary for a basic one-shot implementation.
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Correct, you would be stuck with default color (as they are just "text"). As far as size is concerned, it's probably best to fish around and find an icon that displays appropriately at default-size on a SAIL form. For instance, I wanted to prepend a "right arrow" to indicate a dynamic-link-selected item in a paging grid, so I found one that's basically like a filled sideways triangle (char(9658), i think), which looks great on SAIL forms and not too tiny. In another place I used a floppy disk icon, and/or a document icon, to designate the column header of a column where an actual image was used to indicate a downloadable file (since the column header has to be text).

To unify things (and keep them somewhat consistent), I wrote a global expression rule named something like "getUnicodeIcon", where if I pass in text like "rightArrow" it returns the above arrow image, "disk" returns the floppy disk one, and likewise with others that i've continued to add. But that's not strictly necessary for a basic one-shot implementation.
Children
No Data