Sorting in the SAIL report is not working

Hi all,
We have created a report based on some criteria and it works fine.

However, for some reason, sorting doesn't work.

Finally, we figured out the cause but are facing a different issue now.

It gives me the following error:
The save target must be a load() variable, process variable, or node input (or a rule input passed one of those three). with() variables are reinitialized with each evaluation and therefore cannot be used as save targets.

I defined a variable within load() say local!myVar.

From within with() I'm setting a value to local!myVar and this keeps on changing depending on the selected criteria.

Down the rule, I'm trying to save the value of local!myVar with modified value and this is where it shoots the above error.

load
(
local!myVar,
with
(
local!myVar:customRule,
----
---
---
calling another rule by passing ustomeRule(local!a,local!b,local!myVar)

within this rule,
I'm trying to use
a!save(ri!myVar,some validation) [Fails he...

OriginalPostID-177004

OriginalPostID-177004

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Sorry, my answer my have been a little unclear. You can have an a!save() within a with, but the target parameter of a!save() cannot be a variable declared within a with().

If the value of local!myVar needs to be updated to reflect the latest filter selected, would you be able to add a new a!save() to your filter component to save into the local!myVar declared in the load()?
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Sorry, my answer my have been a little unclear. You can have an a!save() within a with, but the target parameter of a!save() cannot be a variable declared within a with().

If the value of local!myVar needs to be updated to reflect the latest filter selected, would you be able to add a new a!save() to your filter component to save into the local!myVar declared in the load()?
Children
No Data