Users are losing filters when they go back to the reports.

Hi, we have recently started rolling out our redesigned processes in tempo moving users from portal and portal reports for accessing their work.

While they are enjoying the new interface one of the key frustrations is how users are losing filters when they go back to the reports.

Has anyone else found this and if so any ideas for getting around it?

Thanks, David

OriginalPostID-184355

OriginalPostID-184355

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Why don't we save the filter settings in a dictionary that is converted to JSON text and saved to DB when the user clicks the "Save" link. This way any SAIL component could store its data and we only need a single DB query to load the settings. fromJson() converts it back to a normal Appian dictionary. See attached code for an idea.

Actually I have a problem with this code. When there is a single SAIL Component, dropdown OR radiobuttons, the selected value gets saved to the dictionary. As soon as I add the other one, it does not work anymore. To be more specific, as I try to access the dictionary in the "value" property it stops working.

Maybe we can work together to get this sorted out. Would be a very nice feature to add to our toolbox.

filterSettings.txt

• Why don't we save the filter settings in a dictionary that is converted to JSON text and saved to DB when the user clicks the "Save" link. This way any SAIL component could store its data and we only need a single DB query to load the settings. fromJson() converts it back to a normal Appian dictionary. See attached code for an idea.

Actually I have a problem with this code. When there is a single SAIL Component, dropdown OR radiobuttons, the selected value gets saved to the dictionary. As soon as I add the other one, it does not work anymore. To be more specific, as I try to access the dictionary in the "value" property it stops working.

Maybe we can work together to get this sorted out. Would be a very nice feature to add to our toolbox.

filterSettings.txt

Children
No Data