Depending on the search term entered into one of the fields, the resulting columns resize

Hi, I have a Tempo report that has 3 search filter text fields at the top which are used to query the data. Depending on the search term entered into one of the fields, the resulting columns resize so that the last couple of columns are off the page and you have use the horizontal scroll bar to see the data. Does anyone know why these fields are resizing? I have other reports built the exact same way and none have shown this behavior. We don't really want the data scrolling of the page to the right.

OriginalPostID-184900

OriginalPostID-184900

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• @lorib Could you please further let us know with which SAIL component in specific are you observing this behavior? To the best of my knowledge, this behavior is expected in SAIL. For instance documentation specifies that 'Each column’s width is determined by the length of the longest value in that column. If the sum of those widths surpasses the allotted space, a horizontal scroll bar displays for users to view the remaining data.' for the Paging Grid component at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.10/SAIL_Components.html#PagingGrid. Hope that helps if you aren't aware of this behavior and let's see if any other practitioners could come up with suggestions but I don't think this behavior can be overridden.
  • Thanks for your quick reply. You're right. I've just never run into this in any of our reports before, so I was thinking it was related to a change I just made. Now that I look closer, there is a very long text string in one of the fields that is pushing everything else out to the right. Not a big issue. I just wanted to make sure this was correct behavior