Secondary Chart only works the first time

I've built a dashboard interface that loads a stacked column chart. This chart displays a column for each manager of a department and each stack is a category of billable hours aggregated for all of the people that report to that manager. All works well.

Subsequently I've added a link to the chart series creation script that saves a manager's name to local variable and then subsequently will generate a second chart that supplies more detail on an employee by employee basis.

So the second chart creates a column for each employee, and the same categories of billable hours, but aggregated for the individual employees.

The problem is that the secondary chart only works the first time I click the primary chart. Subsequent clicks produce an empty chart with the correct employee names across the bottom, but no columns.

Ideas?

OriginalPostID-209666

OriginalPostID-209666

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Richard, I'm having a similar issue that you were having. How did you manage to save the manager's name, assuming you used the FindDataPoints expression rule within the GenerateChartSeries? Currently I'm using a dynamic link in the chart series creation, along with indexing all the data to find the data set that I need, but when I click on a section of the stacked column, an incorrect data set is saved. Did you pass "index(ri!data, ri!categoryfield, {}) " into your dynamic link?
  • Hi Richard, I'm having a similar issue that you were having. How did you manage to save the manager's name, assuming you used the FindDataPoints expression rule within the GenerateChartSeries? Currently I'm using a dynamic link in the chart series creation, along with indexing all the data to find the data set that I need, but when I click on a section of the stacked column, an incorrect data set is saved. Did you pass "index(ri!data, ri!categoryfield, {}) " into your dynamic link?
Children
No Data